Day By Day

Thursday, May 22, 2008

I'm Baaaaaaaack!

Spent the past few days traveling and visiting with relatives and had no time for blogging. For most of the time I was staying in a very small town in Western Pennsylvania where there was no internet service [a trick of the local geography]. It rained most of the time and I was unable to get out to most of the places I wanted to photograph. Frustrating? No not really! I enjoyed a return to the thrilling days of yesteryear when there were no cell phones, internet connections, and blogs. And, in the midst of everything else, I actually got some serious work done. It's a good feeling.



Each morning I got up early and went here to work. Just me, some coffee and juice, a little fruit, and a pile of papers. Heaven!

As for the promised pictures of Ligonier, the weather did not cooperate. During the few dry sunlit hours available to me I did, however, get these.



These are native azaleas, not the fancy kind I and others use to decorate our yards. These were growing near the foot of Laurel Mountain over in Westmoreland County.



Speaking [OK, writing] of which, here are some mountain laurel buds ready to pop. I couldn't wait around for a few days to see them burst into full flower. Maybe next year.



No pictures of Ligonier, but I did get a chance to visit the historic Compass Inn along the Lincoln Highway in nearby Laughlintown.



I also planned to spend some time at the pool where we were staying, but the weather was just a bit too wet and chill. I did, however, get a this photo and a few others.

As for Ligonier, It will have to wait until next year.