Day By Day

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Have you Heard? Levi Lied about Sarah!

People Magazine reports:
Levi Johnston isn't just getting past his differences with Bristol Palin – he's also hoping to make amends with her famous mom.

"Last year, after Bristol and I broke up, I was unhappy and a little angry. Unfortunately, against my better judgment, I publicly said things about the Palins that were not completely true," he tells PEOPLE exclusively. "I have already privately apologized to Todd and Sarah. Since my statements were public, I owe it to the Palins to publicly apologize." 
 I see two points to make here. The first is that the MSM was quick to jump on and publicize Johnston's lies about Governor Palin. Stories trashing the Palins were ubiquitous -- but the retraction, not so much. By contrast, note the skepticism with which the press treats scandalous allegations made against liberal icons. Secondly, once again MSM sources were trumped by the entertainment/tabloid press. People magazine, the National Inquirer and other such sources are now taking the lead in uncovering and resolving scandals. This would not be happening if the MSM were doing their jobs.

Mary Katherine Ham has the best commentary on this liberal smear against Governor Palin and the angry young man who abetted it here.

No comments: