Day By Day

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hanging Out In the Hood

Every once in a while my camera gets restless and needs to be taken out for a walk. Here's a bit of what we saw walking around my neighborhood.

This guy was perched right outside my front door. He wasn't there the day before, so he must have had a busy night.


Down in the bottom of the valley there is an abandoned barn. Last year I posted a picture of it and a friend of mine who is an artist asked me to take some more pictures from different angles so she could paint it. So a few days ago I trudged down and took a series of photos and sent them to her. It will be interesting to see what she does with them. Here are some of the pics I took.





And of course I took pictures of things I passed on the way, like this cornfield:


A tree branch:


This pinecone:


And my neighbor's sunflowers:



A leaf on the road:


And an old abandoned fertilizer spreader.


Yep, I live in paradise.

No comments: