Day By Day

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

McCain Steps Up

Finally!

Reuters reports:

Asked by Leno about commentary from pundits across the political spectrum who judged the Alaska governor to be a drag on the Republican ticket, McCain, 72, denied she had hurt his campaign.

"I'm so proud of her and very grateful that she agreed to run with me. She inspired people. She still does," McCain said. "I couldn't be happier with Sarah Palin, and she's gone back to be a great governor, and I think she will play a big role in the future of this country."


And regarding the vicious rumors being spread by self-styled "campaign insiders" McCain said:

McCain suggested such criticism amounted to sour grapes from people claiming to be campaign insiders.

"I think I have at least a thousand, quote, 'Top advisers,'" he said. "These things go on in campaigns, and you just have to move on."

Read the whole thing here.

It's good to see McCain finally doing the right thing. My only question is, what took him so long?