Day By Day

Friday, November 07, 2008

More Pennsylvania Pictures

My, my, my, it's the weekend already? More Pennsylvania pics? Sure, glad to accommodate.


Philly center city taken from City Line Avenue. I still call it "City Line" although on the maps it is now called "City Avenue". A friend of mine who lives in the neighborhood tells me that the name was changed to emphasize the unity of the entire Philadelphia metropolitan area, downtown and suburbs all together in one big revenue pool. In other words, it was part of the city's attempts to grab more and more money from the suburbs to subsidize the bottomless financial suckhole that they call the City of Brotherly Love.




And now some shots of Center City itself. First the twin peaks of Liberty Place.



And a single peak, "Two Liberty Place". Made me think of a rocket getting ready for a moon shot.


The old and the new. I liked the way I was able to position the cross, even though I had to stand in the middle of the street ignoring traffic to do so. Good thing my wife wasn't there to see my foolishness. I would never have heard the end of it.


And of course the Comcast Center - the building with the hole in it. Actually these new glass blocks bore me. I'm far more impressed by the old stuff, but I'll have to save that for another time.