Day By Day

Monday, August 10, 2009

On The Road to Oblivion

One of Obama's chief political aims has been to eliminate Hillary as a potential threat. Naming her as Secretary of State, then transferring power to regional czars and leaving her with nothing to do was part of it. Then selecting her husband for high profile opportunities such as gaining the release of Al Gores minions in Korea pushed her farther into the background. Hillary's smart. She sees what is being done to her and she resents it. And the tension is beginning to show.

KINSHASA, Congo (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton's temper flared on Monday when a Congolese university student asked her for her husband's thinking on an international financial matter.

....

''You want me to tell you what my husband thinks?'' she replied incredulously when the male student asked her what ''Mr. Clinton'' thought of World Bank concerns about a multibillion-dollar Chinese loan offer to the Congo.

''My husband is not secretary of state, I am,'' an obviously annoyed Clinton said sharply. ''If you want my opinion, I will tell you my opinion. I am not going to be channeling my husband.''
Read it here.