Day By Day

Thursday, January 28, 2010

RIP Howard Zinn

Howard Zinn has died. His horribly biased approach to American history inspired an entire generation of radicals who have misused and misapplied the practice of history. Let's leave it at that. I do, however, appreciate what appears to be his last published statement. Looking back on Obama's first year he wrote:

I' ve been searching hard for a highlight. The only thing that comes close is some of Obama's rhetoric; I don't see any kind of a highlight in his actions and policies.

As far as disappointments, I wasn't terribly disappointed because I didn't expect that much....

I think people are dazzled by Obama's rhetoric, and that people ought to begin to understand that Obama is going to be a mediocre president--which means, in our time, a dangerous president....
Read the whole thing here.

HT: John Miller