Day By Day

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Time for a Change -- The Anchoress on our Political/Media Elite

The Anchoress has a nice post on the axis of inanity -- Katie, Al, and the Clintons -- that is trying to set the political agenda for the coming election. She writes:

We need new names in both our politics and our news broadcasts. The same damn people have held sway over everything for too damn long.

Amen!

Regarding the mendacious absurdity that is Katie Couric she writes:

I never thought I would say it, but I miss Dan Rather. I may not have agreed with him much of the time toward the end, but he had a curious mind, a willingness to ask questions and he possessed a voice and presence that conveyed…oh…gravitas. Seriousness of purpose. Substance.
She also exposes the serial lies told by Couric regarding President Bush's environmental awareness.

She also takes a hard look at those "magical" offsets that Al Gore claims excuse his profligate energy use.

And she notes the Clintons' penchant for using their positions for personal gain.

Wrapping up:

These people all make me tired. I’m tired of looking at them, reading about them, listening to them blab on and on. I’m tired of their tired excuse-making and double-talk. I’m tired of hearing that these people are greatest of people and that only haters could not absolutely adore them, at all times.

I can’t be the only one out there who has had enough of the whole boiling of them. When do they go away? Do they ever retire? Do they ever stop promoting themselves?

To which I can only say -- AMEN!!!

Read it here.



No comments: