Day By Day

Sunday, June 15, 2008

More Pennsylvania Pictures

This weekend I'm a bit late with the pictures. Sorry. Here are a few more pics of the gorgeous commonwealth.



There are all sorts of regulations prohibiting burning, but Pennsylvania farmers have been doing it for centuries now and aren't likely to stop anytime soon.



One of Pennsylvania's famous covered bridges. This one is down in Lancaster County. Not one of the most picturesque, but still something for which the region is noted...


Back at Landis Valley Farms. This is the interior of an old print-shop as it would have looked in the mid-nineteenth century. My great-grandfather was a printer and would have worked in a place closely resembling this one.



I like log structures, don't know why, but it probably has something to do with that set of Lincoln Logs my folks bought me for Christmas back when I was a kid.