Day By Day

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Return to China -- Part 22, Descent From the Butterfly Spring

Leaving the butterfly spring I proceeded down the butterfly walk,


past more hanging hearts,


And this. I was told it is a "bromeliad", a close relative of the pineapple. It was huge.., about the size of a pineapple.


I separated from the main group and wandered along the shore of this lovely lake.





Eventually I caught up with them again at the butterfly house -- the solution to the decline in the number of migrating butterflies. The local government simply set up a building in which they cultivate butterflies and where tourists can see them up close and personal.





I told you it was up close and personal. This was the first time I had ever seen tame butterflies.



Then it was a leisurely walk down the bamboo path and onto the bus for a long drive up into the high country.

No comments: