Day By Day

Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Missed Opportunity


Our apartment is in a building attached to a hotel and it's convenient to be able to visit restaurants, lounges, shops, etc. without going outside. This morning I trundled down to the coffee shop to get a muffin and tea and while I waited to be served I noticed a tasteful little sign beside the cash register. It announced that jazz vocalist Sara Jones would be performing in the upstairs lounge on Friday, the twelfth. Unfortunately it was the morning of Saturday, the thirteenth.

Aaaarrrgh!

Sara Jones is a wonderful singer, and a local hero here in the Baltimore/Washington area. Here's a link to her website where you can hear her singing jazz standards. Nice voice, nice delivery. The girl can sing! I would have loved to see her perform, but c'est la vie. Maybe she'll be coming back soon. I hope so.