Day By Day

Sunday, July 03, 2011

The Overflight


 "She Who Must Not Be Named" and I were walking through Federal Hill this afternoon when two Air Force F-15s flew over us moving low and fast. [I had my camera with me but it was in its case and by the time I got it out they were long gone, so a stock photo will have to do]. The noise was incredible, an immensely powerful whooshing sound that shook everything. I wondered what that was all about since they normally don't overfly Baltimore like that. "She" said it probably had something to do with the Fourth of July, maybe an air show or something. That didn't sound right to me, but we had things to do and I soon forgot about it.

Well, tonight we find out that a private plane flew over Camp David while Obama was there and NORAD scrambled jets to intercept it. Read about it here. The planes we saw were heading northwest toward Camp David so they were on the intercept mission.

"So what?" you say.

Hey, at our age a little excitement goes a long way, and it was really impressive to see those birds in action.


No comments: