Day By Day

Thursday, October 06, 2005

George Clooney, Lefty Fabulist


I do not intend to see George Clooney's lefty fable, Good Night and Good Luck -- a glorified pseudo-documentary tracing Edward R. Murrow's contribution to the disgraceful liberal takedown of Sen. Joseph McCarthy. Don't get me wrong -- McCarthy was a thug and a bully, and deserved to be taken down, but his left-wing antagonists were much worse than the opportunistic senator and to see them glorified as heroic bearers of the truth is more than I can stand. So I won't be reviewing it, but I don't have to. Jack Schafer, over at Slate, has done a maginificent job of exposing the many, many lies and misrepresentations Clooney, Murrow, and liberal journalists have perpetrated here and over the years. It's a must read for anyone who cares about responsible journalism and historical accuracy. Read it here.

Photo of Egbert Murrow, nicotine fiend, from Slate.

No comments: