Day By Day

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Greg Mankiw is a Republican!


Harvard Neo-Keynsian economist Greg Mankiw is a Republican!!!

Who'da thunk!!!

Apparently Harvard thought he was a Democrat when they hired him. Now that he's been outed, will he have a future in the Peoples' Republic of Cambridge?

Read his confession here.

The most revealing point is this:
[T]he people making the incorrect assumption about my party affiliation are reasonable, mainstream economists who happen also to be Democrats. Based on my textbooks and other writings, they viewed me as a reasonable, mainstream economist like them and jumped to the conclusion that I must be a Democrat as well.
The assumption, of course, is that Republicans are by definition unreasonable and out of the mainstream. I guess that's why they keep losing elections..., oh wait..., they don't.

No comments: