Day By Day

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Weekend Pictures



It was hot and humid up at Hawk Mountain this morning. A heavy mist hung over the river and haze obscured the hills. Naturally I grabbed my cameras and headed out to see what could be seen. As it turned out, not much.


I did, however, get upclose and personal with this little beauty. Of course it's just a weed. A few years ago I wouldn't have even noticed it and (in one of her gardening frenzies) "She Who Must Not Be Named" would have ripped it out without a second thought, but carrying a camera changes everything. You start to look closely, I mean really look, at your surroundings and the rewards are enormous. An artist friend of mine tells me that it has always been that way for him. I envy him and wish I had learned to look earlier.