Day By Day

Saturday, February 07, 2009

More Pennsylvania Pictures -- After the Snow

Early morning after a snowfall I took my trusty camera and prowled around our front yard. Here's a bit of what I saw.





"She Who Must Not Be Named" likes to garden, but that's going to be out of the question for at least several weeks. Meanwhile, her gardening stuff just gathers snow.



And new-fallen snow keeps a record of just who or what passed in the night.



And then there's this. Turkey tracks, sorta messed up because they move in a bunch. A troop of turkeys wandered across our yard while we slept. Neat! They are shy critters and only occasionally do we catch a glimpse of them. A few years ago I was walking in the woods behind our place and heard something behind me. I turned around and there they were, lined up single file, following me. I counted eighteen of them. As soon as I turned, though, they moved off into the brush. If only I had been carrying my camera!