Day By Day

Sunday, April 12, 2009

More Pennsylvania Pictures -- Flatlanding

Occasionally we have to come down from our mountain fastness into the flatlands below. Yesterday was such a day. Here's a bit of what we saw.



It's really invigorating to see the world turn from browns and grays to green. Every day things get a little more colorful and I get a little less grumpy.



A new Giant market has opened up north of Reading. "She Who Must Not Be Named" had a bunch of coupons. The store had a sign saying "Double Coupons". Naturally we wound up at Giant. She shopped, I went to the coffee shop [pictured here], got a chai latte, pulled out a good book and settled in to read in front of the fireplace. Yes, Giant has a coffee lounge, with wi-fi. Coffee house culture has finally hit Temple. Next time "She" wants to spend an hour or so laying in provisions, I'll remember to bring my laptop.



We'll be traveling overseas soon and had to pick up a few things for our trip. So, on we went even further into the flatlands, down to Reading's fabled outlets.



At last the shopping ordeal came to an end. I was hungry -- no..., I was famished. Since we were in the neighborhood we stopped at Friday's to eat. I hadn't been there in several years but nothing much had changed. While we were driving into the parking lot I noticed that the setting sun was illuminating Reading's famous Pagoda up on the hillside above us. Naturally I grabbed my camera and took a picture.

The food wasn't great, but it was filling and satisfying. It soothed the aggravation of shopping. Then home we went where a couple of projects with rapidly-approaching deadlines awaited me.