Day By Day

Monday, April 11, 2005

Wives and Beauty Queens

Well, she did it again.

"She Who Shall Not Be Named" just informed me that we had been offered tickets to the Miss USA beauty pagent and ball, but that she had turned them down because we had to be in Pennsylvania.

I pointed out that, while she had appointments to keep in the north, I didn't, and could easily remain here to attend the pagent.

She then pointed out that it was a black tie affair and that my tux is in Pennsylvania.

I would have responded that it's quite possible to rent a tux, but she had waited until nearly six pm to tell me -- probably too late to find one. Besides, there was something about the tone of her voice that told me to concede the point graciously, because there was no way I was going to the thing without her.

So I guess I won't be batching it in the big city and hanging out with a bevy of beauty queens. [That alliteration is a little forced and awkward, don't you think? -- ed. Yeah, but who cares, this is just a blog.]

Such is life when you're happily married. Right guys?

Right!

No comments: