Day By Day

Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Leaves are Turning


"She Who Must Not Be Named" was out of town today, so I was thrown back on my own resources. That meant a quick trip out to "Chipotles", for some junk food. As I walked along Light Street by the harbor I noticed that the leaves were starting to turn. Already!!! It's just August!

I hate to sound like a global cooling alarmist, but we had a long harsh winter last year and a late, short Spring, and now fall is descending on us early again. Now the World Meterological Organization announces that this year has been the coolest in at least the last five years and the Farmer's Almanac predicts a long, cold winter. [here and here]

As I said, I don't want to sound like a climate hysteric or a Democrat, but could this be the onset of the Fimbulwinter [look it up]?