Is to see real and dramatic progress -- something that somehow doesn't get reported much in the MSM.
Gateway Pundit has the story:
* * The Bush Administration has increased spending on elementary and secondary education by 41 percent.** Oh, and don't forget this history-making event by President Bush.
* Minority students are also making progress at a faster rate, so the achievement gap is narrowing. According to NAEP, African-American and Hispanic fourth graders set records in both reading and math scores. Eighth grade Hispanic and African-American students achieved the highest math scores ever. (January 2006)
* Reading and math scores for African-American nine-year-olds reached their highest levels in the history of the test, with reading scores up 14 points and math scores up 13 points in the past five years.
* African-American Business Ownership Is At An All Time High.
* Bush cut taxes on small businesses, and last year increased Small Business Administration loans to African-American businesses by more than 28 percent.
* The Administration is working to give minority-owned businesses better access to compete for Federal contracts, and has provided $8 billion in New Market Tax credits to boost investment and community development in low-income areas.
* Nearly Half Of All African-Americans Now Own Their Own Home. The minority home ownership rate rose a record 51.6 percent during the first quarter of 2005, as 15.7 ethnic minorities claimed ownership of the roof over their heads, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
* Violent crime is at a 30 year low. Violent crime rates in Canada, the EU and have begun to equal or surpass the rates in the US (see France).
* The Bush Administration has awarded $2 billion in competitive grants to faith-based institutions that are working to transform minority neighborhoods with faith and compassion.
* The Bush Administration partnered with the National Urban League in a new initiative to expand business ownership and entrepreneurship among minorities July, 2004.
* 50 million Iraqis and Afghanis now live in freedom because of the War on Terror - and millions across the broader Middle East are claiming their liberty as well.
* Because of the US and Allies action, there are significantly less people dying daily in Iraq today than when Saddam was in power.
* Minority unemployment rates are lower now (Black 9.3, Latino 6.0) than they were in 1997 (Black 9.9, Latino 7.5)
* Hurricane Katrina was not a racist disaster, not hardly.
* George Bush has put more blacks in prominent positions than any other president in US history.
* The President's Emergency Plan For AIDS Relief. PEPFAR, the largest international health initiative dedicated to a single disease in history, is providing historic levels of support to the fight against the AIDS pandemic.
* The President's Emergency Plan For AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Has Supported Life-Saving Treatments For Approximately 400,000 Sub-Saharan Africans Living With HIV/AIDS.
* And, of course there are the other black history moments that the democrats won't share with you this weekend including the Twenty-Five Historically Significant Black Experiences..
In fact, GP has been on the story for a long time. Here's a post from january.
Read it here.
Add it up and it is damn hard to find any Democrat who has done nearly as much for Black Americans, indeed Blacks all around the world as has the current President.
A few more reasons to count Bush among the greatest of our leaders -- a leader for all, not just some Americans -- a compassionate conservative in the best sense of the word.