Day By Day

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Bloggery in the Cross Street Market



"She Who Must Not Be Named" asked me to walk with her down into the wilds of Federal Hill today, then left me waiting while she and some friends exercised over at "Curves" [no men allowed]. So I had some time to kill, why not blog? The chic coffee shops in the area were all filled to the gills with lunch-time crowds so I wandered into the Cross Street Market. To my surprise I found that one of my favorite snack and sandwich stands, Big Jim's Deli, now had WiFi. They even had a small table set aside for internet access under the sign "Big Jim's Executive Dinning Room" [snicker]. It's a great place, run by nice people, and it's located right in the middle of one of the busiest places in town. I love the atmosphere at the Market. It's one place where everyone, and I mean everyone, comes, and now I can sit there surrounded by subdued chaos and blog to my heart's content.

It wasn't long ago that you had to go to a bookstore or coffee shop to engage in public bloggery. Now that Big Jim's in the game, can Steve's Lunch [also in the Market] be far behind?

No comments: