Day By Day

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Good President (continued) -- Silence

George Bush, like his father, is a consummate gentleman. AP reports:

CALGARY, Alberta – Former President George W. Bush said on Tuesday that he won't criticize Barack Obama because the new U.S. president "deserves my silence..." Bush declined to critique the Obama administration in his first speech since leaving office in January.

....

"I'm not going to spend my time criticizing him. There are plenty of critics in the arena," Bush said. "He deserves my silence."

Bush said he wants Obama to succeed and said it's important that he has that support.

....

"I love my country a lot more than I love politics," Bush said. "I think it is essential that he be helped in office."

Read it here.

Compare this with the sniping and posturing and politicking we have seen from Jimmy [the miserable wretch] Carter and Bill [lookatme, lookatme] Clinton.

Dubya was a damn good president, maybe (depending on how things turn out) a great one. One thing is sure though, he is a good and a great man.