Day By Day

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Our Nordic Expedition, Part 7 -- Skipping Alesund

Our next destination was the city of Alesund where we were scheduled to spend three hours. I, however, did not see much of it. As we approached the town I retired to my cabin and took a nap, fully expecting to be awakened before we left, but nobody disturbed me and I lay asleep until we were again at sea. "She", ever alert, took a walking tour of the town but did not take a camera with her. So, there are no pictures here of Alesund, just some more views of the wonderful scenery we were passing.





This bridge spanned the entrance to Alesund harbor and after taking this picture I went inside to rest. 


When I awoke we were already at sea. I went outside to see if I could take a picture of the town receding into the distance, but this is all I saw.











A fishing boat with its attendant gulls. 


The snow-covered peaks became more and more common as we neared our next destination -- the town of Maloy.



No comments: