Day By Day

Friday, September 09, 2005

Check This Out -- A Photographic Record of Katrina


A young Nicaraguan photographer, Alvaro R. Morales Villa, was trapped in the French Quarter through the hurricane. Luckily he had his camera with him. He has posted a slideshow of what it was like. It's an amazing photographic record. Cool! Here's a sample picture.

My favorite quote from his annotations:
I now have a profound dislike for the media. They distorted everything from the beginning. Making things look even worse than they were. I guess that's their job... so I "guess" that what I'm trying to say is that now I'm confidentally aware that disaster sells.
And there's this, after watching one of the infobabes [I believe it was Kristen Dahlgren, but can't be sure] give an on-the-spot report:
I don't know her name, but she works for MSNBC. My apologies for my wordage, but this wench didn't know what the hell was going on. She made up 75% of what she was saying and exaggerated about 95% of everything that she did know. The message: do you want to be a reporter? All you need to do is have a pretty face and buy a Thesaurus!
Check it out here. [thanks to Silvia Morales for the new url]

Hat Tip to Jonah Goldberg

No comments: